Use this website to find important information about Girona Airport: Flights (Departures and Arrivals), Parking, Car Rentals, Hotels near the airport and other information about Girona airport. Plan your travel to GRO Airport with the information provided in this site.
Girona Airport or Costa Brava airport IATA (GRO) ICAO (LEGE) is the second most important airport in the Barcelona area. It is located near the town of Vilobí d’Onyar, just 13 kilometers away from Girona city center. Barcelona city is located 92 kilometers away, and for its proximity GRO airport is considered an alternative airport to Barcelona El Prat. Some Airlines identify this airport as "Barcelona Girona Airport" or "Barcelona GRO". From the airport there is a good connection to the South of France and communicates with the Pyrenees.
The airport handles about 2,7 million passengers annually. The airport is managed by Aena.
Ryanair has brought a large number of visitors to the airport since the 2000s.
Inaugurated in 1965, the GRO airport used to have a low passenger numbers every year, just an average of 275,000 had been registered every year until the Irish airline Ryanair began flying here.
From 2002 to 2008 the number of passengers increased ten times over, but decreased after 2012. Currently the airport serves about two million passengers annually.
Girona airport has the following services, among others:
- VAT refund
- Conference Rooms
- Information Point
- Assistance for passengers with special needs
- Shops and Vending Machines
- Bars and Restaurants
- Smoking Areas
The airport has connections with ten different destinations: Bratislava, Frankfurt, Krakov, Eidenhoven, Karlsruhe/Baden-Baden, Malta, Moscow, Florence, Rabat and Wroclaw.
Girona airport has one main Terminal with two levels: Ground Floor and 1st Floor. The airport operates with domestic and international flights.
- Ground floor: hosts flight arrivals. It also has 33 check-in desks, car rental desks and airline desks to all passengers. There are some shops and restaurants.
- First floor: hosts flight departures with the security control. It has fifteen boarding gates. There are restaurants and shops.
Airlines that operate from the airport include: Gestair, Jet2, Pobeda, Ryanair, Smartwings, Thomas Cook Airlines Belgium, Thomson Airways, Transavia.
The airport operates mainly with seasonal flights.
- The second most important airport in the Barcelona region (Spain)
- Located 13 km away from Girona city centre
- Located 92 km northeast of Barcelona - it handles about two million passengers every year
- Operates with eight airlines
- Ten different destinations
Phone: 902.404.704 / (+34) 91.321.10.00
Address: 17185 Vilobi de Onyar, Girona
Phone: 972 186 787
For items lost on aircraft, please contact the airline concerned.